Foreclosure in 48170>Question Details

mikeandtracy, Other/Just Looking in Ocoee, FL

i have items still remaining in a home that was forclosed...the doors are locked..how would i get my things?

Asked by mikeandtracy, Ocoee, FL Thu Aug 30, 2012

home is deserted... the home is privetly owned.. the home is abandoned, their is trash and old items everywhere

Answers

3
Once the bank takes possession of the house you were foreclosed on, you don't have any rights to the contents.

They'll hire a company to clean the place out. Sometimes they put everything at the curb for trash pick up, sometimes they bring in a trailer or dumpster. A lot of times, anything of value, they keep for themselves and sell.

If the bank feels the home is abandoned the can go to court to push up redemtion to 30 days and take possession and will pitch your stuff. You should contact the person who posted on the door. I always posted a sign that had my name, company and phone number. Then you can make arrangments to remove your items. If there is no posting you will need to contact your bank and they will direct you.
Call the bank that serviced your loan. They will help you get in to clean out your things if you can prove you were the owner.