Foreclosure in Chicago>Question Details

elizabethgad…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

i am trying to buy a foreclosed or reo home in chicago for cash and i cant find a reputable realtor any suggestions

Asked by elizabethgaddy, Chicago, IL Thu Jun 21, 2012

Answers

20
Anthony Castillo’s answer
What is your definition of a reputable realtor? Do you even know what that means? How many realtors have you consulted with or better yet where and how have you been searching them out? To me personally it sounds like you do not know what you are doing and have little or no knowledge of real estate or you are not serious about your intention and are only using this site to provoke answers to questions that don"t deserve attention. By your statement you make Chicago sound like a den of theives which it is not. Chicago is full of nothing but reputable realtors. My answer to you is professional and not personal. I hope this helps.
If you a cash buyer I'd recommend trying the Judicial Foreclosure Auctions as well. This is a good local source to start from:

The Illinois Foreclosure Listing Service: http://ilfls.com/

Please contact me if you need addl info.
Web Reference: http://ilfls.com/
Sure contact me, I have sold many such properties in Chicago and suburbs
Oh my Goodness, how come there are many of us, especially in Chicago.
Well feel free to contact me and give me some idea what kind of foreclosure / reo you intend to purchase, and what areas you are looking at. Chicago is huge and has many many different neighborhoods. What do you want to do with the property, fix it up and sell or live in it?

What is your budget, as you are saying cash purchase. Have you bought property in Chicago before and are familiar with the process, but most of all are you familiar with the foreclosure or reo
process, if you get back to me with a bit more information i can be of help, either I will be able to
provide you the service you need or refer you to one of my very able colleagues within our company.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Feel free to contact me or get to me via my website below.

EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com

@Properties Northshore - offices in Chicago, Evanston, Winnetka, Highland Park and Lake Forest
30 Green Bay Road Winnetka Il. 60093
or sign up for home searches on my website http://tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
Have a most wonderful Day :)
Not surprised that you have 15 responses here. You should get a realtor that shares their commission with you like we do and still provides full service. You can check us out on the Web and determine for yourself if we are reputable.
Web Reference: http://LucidRealty.com
We're kind of vague on facts here.
But, that certainly doesn't stop some from throwing others under the bus.

What do you mean you can't find a reputable real estate professional? In all of Chicago!!
Tell me, where have you encountered pros of such ill repute? Do you know it to be true? Are you reacting to what your neighbors brother heard from this El Paso army buddy? And so you come to the internet aggregate website, the internet, looking for a real estate pro of upstanding reputation.

There is clearly more to this story than your sound bite reveals. Cash, Foreclosed, Realtor. The perfect combo...yet ...there must be more.

Come on Elizabeth, tell us what the deal is.
Should you need any help or references, feel free to contact me. Great time in our history to be a cash buyer. Keep in mind purchase price is just one aspect of the overall cost of the new home. Don't neglect rehab costs.
your not even putting the slightest effort into it and that is the only reason.. you are the problem
You already have a bunch of offers from Realtors. If you need any more, use the "Find a Pro" function at the top of the Trulia page.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Hi - I would be happy to assist you in your search! There are several foreclosures and reo homes in chicago. Please feel free to contact me anytime. My cell# is 847-845-4555. Email is spinal@jamesonsir.com. I work for Jameson Sotheby's International Realty. I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you!

Suzy Pinal
You have seen what lots of folks have noticed over the past 10 years. It's sad and rather irritating how much the R E profession has changed since the R E 'Bubble' years first began.
Perhaps my web site will give you some ideas about what I do and/or let me know if you want to talk.
whatever you do do not go to new market realty!!!!
Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty finding a realtor that you are comfortable with in this great city. Please call me and I would more than gladly sit down with you and tell you about myself and also answer all your questions regarding your search for a property. No obligation and free of charge. Please call me at 708-310-9031. Thanks
I have helped many clients with these kinds of deals. I am also a licensed architect and can run CAP rates for you in my head when i walk through a building since many of these will need repairs. I also know all the building and zoning codes and what the highest and best use of a property will be.
Jesse McGrath
@properties
312-545-2775
jmcgrath@atproperties.com
Hi Elizabeth,

All we do is cash REO buys. I am a managing broker and have been involved in the purchase of more than forty bank owned properties since the crisis began. Call me at (312) 834-4002 to discuss how you can find an REO soon.
You should interview a couple agents, maybe you already have?
I have helped several buyers successfully purchase foreclosures in the downtown Chicago area - the key is knowing the true value of the property and acting quickly.
Where are you looking to find a home?

I would be happy to make some recommendations to you.
Call me I can help and I can give you references 312-505-9611

By the way, if you or anyone you know could use my assistance please drop me a note, I am never too busy for any of your referrals!

Ivette Hollendoner E-Pro
EXIT Realty Redefined
Real Estate Consultant
312-505-9611 Mobile
630-446-0401 Direct
866-753-3892 E-fax
Connect with me on Facebook and Linkedin
Click here NOW for the greatest 10min. story EVER told in Real Estate
I would interview a few agents. Go with the one that knows your area and is fast with responses because foreclosures move quick.
Hello Elizabeth,

If you are a cash buyer with realistic goals, then I would be happy to help you. Feel free to call or email me to discuss details.

Ivan Sagel
312-515-7823
IvanSagel@DwellOneRealty.com