Foreclosure in 90031>Question Details

Pam, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

how/where do i find the original listing price of a property?

Asked by Pam, Los Angeles, CA Tue Nov 11, 2008

the DOM for the property i'm interested in is over 30. how or where do i find the original listing price of the property? i want to know if the price was reduced since being listed. also, is there anywhere that i can find out if the property has been RE-lisited?
thanks!

Answers

5
Lynn911: did you notice the previous answers?
Cindi Hagley, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA
GREAT QUESTION: Your buyers agent in most instances can search MLS 3 year history relating to the property. Just as long the property is listed in MLS all documentation recorded.
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
Hello Pam,

Any Realtor can research the questions you have; however a property address or MLS number would be essential to check the status and history of a property.

I understand many buyers having this same question of wanting to know the progression of price changes; however I would caution you to not rely too much on that type of information. In a volatile market, things can change quickly, and pricing is no exception. There are no easy answers, and comparisons can be difficult to understand. For example two identical properties on the same street with similar features, could sell for very different amounts within a few months of each other........this is indicative of the market that we are in.

Could I ask what sites you are searching? Many public websites do not update their information frequently, as a result buyers are seeing old information.

I am an area expert. I have access to MLS listings to find you the best properties as soon as they come on the market. The REALTOR MLS is the most updated source of information. It will show the kind of information you are asking.

I stay informed of the changes in today's real estate market, so you can feel completely confident that I can offer you every possible advantage.

I offer a pre-market consultation
Help you establish the right asking price based on market data.
Most importantly, I believe in developing strong relationships and customer satisfaction.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Your buyer's agent will be able to answer all of these questions for you. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.cindihagley.com