Foreclosure in 91387>Question Details

LA Esquire, Home Buyer in 91604

how's the santa clarita - canyon country SFH market holding up? foreclosures? prices? inventory? time on

Asked by LA Esquire, 91604 Thu Nov 1, 2007

mkt? etc. thanks.

Answers

2
Laura Coffey’s answer
Inventory is picking up in Canyon Country. There is also new homes available there as well. The complex the buyer below is referring to is in Fair Oaks and yes they are not FHA approved but you if were buying conventional or cash it wouldn't matter.
It seems to me you are looking for a single family home though. It terms of time on the market all depends on whether it is a short sale or standard sale. Standard sales priced to market and in descent condition can sometimes go out in multiple offers.
If you are looking for a deal and not in a hurry a short sale may be the way to go.
I sought to buy a condo on Lost Canyon last yr. Those condos cannot be bought and are still for sale. One man lives in his condo the past yr. without paying huis mortgage or his monthly condo fees. It seems the banks are in no hurry to sell and thus recognize a loss on their books. So it is really hard to buy foreclosures out there I have found without tying up a down payment for yrs. while the bank, in no hurry to put losses on their books, considers your offer. That is a big problem there!