Foreclosure in 92307>Question Details

robert, Home Owner in Apple Valley, CA

how long do i have until i have to move out after my home has been sold at auction?

Asked by robert, Apple Valley, CA Wed May 30, 2012

Answers

6

that my x-husband and I owned unnoticed to me for unpaid taxes

what can I do to stop this?
Hi Robert you have until the new buyer or bank tells you that it is time to move
Once the property has been sold in auction...things starts to move rather quickly. An agent will contact you to negotiate cash for keys and will give you an idea as to the time frame of the re-possession of the property. I would start looking for a place as soon as possible. Good luck.
Robert,

The relocation money that they are referring to is known as Cash for Keys. You will need to sign an agreement and there are certain stipulations that you must agree to. After the house is foreclosed on, you should expect an agent to pay a visit to you to negotiate the CFK shortly thereafter.

However, I agree with Bo and Jory, start looking now for a new place to live. Once you know what's out there for rental, you'll be in a better position to negotiate for all or most of what you will need for moving.

Robert;

I agree with Jory. I would look for new places to live. If you are currently renting the house, your previous landlord may not own the house any longer. Your rental agreement may not be valid. Negotiate relocation money based upon the time frame you need to move into your new house.
This is tricky and requires some negotiating on your part.
If you have the ability to move out within 30-60 days , request that . If you need relocation money and additional time to move , then request that.
Web Reference: http://Www.joryblake.com