Foreclosure in Hampden>Question Details

Bradleyj33, Home Buyer in Hampden, ME

how do you find out what bank owns the foreclosure property?

Asked by Bradleyj33, Hampden, ME Thu Jun 21, 2012

Answers

4
You could look up the deed if they already have title.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Send me a direct message, we can exchange emails and i can send you some information. there is a local title company that puts out a list of foreclosures here in Maine and they may be able to she some light...
magicbird33@msn.com

thanks
Flag Thu Jun 21, 2012
I echo Jim's answer. In my local area, I can do a search for local tax appraisal information and find the bank that owns a property. Moreover, if it is listed for sale in the local Multiple Listing Service, the owner will be identified. Lastly, our county here has an open records search feature in which all county recordings are scanned and available to the general public.

If all else fails and you are interested in a property, a local agent should easily be able to get you that information.
Depends where you are. Each government (state, county, town, city, etc.) does it a bit differently. Once you figure out who does the statistics for your area, it is usually pretty easy to go to their website and find out who the owner of record is for the property. For example, here in Monroe County Florida, the County Property Appraiser maintains those records and a great website to go get information on a property based on address. It will tell you who owns it, how much they paid, when they bought it, and how much the current tax assessment is. Good luck in your search...