Foreclosure in Coronado>Question Details

Jag, Both Buyer and Seller in Coronado, CA

how do you find out about trustee sales?

Asked by Jag, Coronado, CA Tue Oct 12, 2010

In Texas the County courthouses will have them the first Tuesday of the month. Do a search online for trustee sales for a specific county. Have you thought about buying investment properties in TX after foreclosure sales?

Kathy Hines
These are public record, but it takes a lot to pull all that information with the resources available through the county. There are other 3rd party sites such as and title companyies that gave ease the time in finding these.
I suggest that you go to some REI meetings or partner up with someone that knows what they are doing if you're interested in buying properties at trustee sales. There is a SDCRI meeting tonight at the scottish rite center. I'm going and I could introduce you to some people that know the trustee game if you are interested.
When buying at trustee sale you are often buyiong subject to current liens and it's importanmt to know that you're not buying something with mechanics liens, etc. There is a lot to it and there is not a lot of time to do due diligence (not to mention you have to show up with cashiers checks).
There are many types of trustee sales, what type are you most interested in? The two most common types are lender foreclosures and the other is when a person dies and the executor or trustee of the deceased person's estate is required to sell property to either pay taxes/expenses of the estate or to liquidate assets in order to distribute them to heirs. I prefer not to do foreclosure/short sales (listings), but I do many estate sales each year. Probate/estate/trust sales can be a little different than standard sales, so I wouldn't jump into it without some training. I market my services for these listings to estate attorneys and professional executors/trustees (in California, they're called "licensed fiduciaries"). You can build a good mailing list of these people (NEVER buy a mailing list) by digging online and through professional organizations.
You can also look in your local newspaper. They will list the property address with the trustee sale info in the newspaper.
A Trustee's Sale (foreclosure property) is s public auction that is open to all bidders and the property is usually awarded to the highest bidder who meets all the criteria set by the Trustee. If you have a particular property in mind, let m know, and I can see when the auction should be. They do get delayed often.

Joan Wilson (Realtor, SRES, Ecobroker, Certified REO, HAFA, and Short Sale Specialist)

Prudential California Realty
Direct Phone: 760-757-3468
800-975-7481 x 111
Fax: 760-946-7894
License # 01341483

Find Your Dream Home:
What's is it specifically you are interested in with trustee sales?

Daniel Di Matteo
Century 21 Award