Foreclosure in Plainfield>Question Details

nikzak10, Home Buyer in Plainfield, CT

how do I try to purchase a home with bank owned property that's not in mls listing?

Asked by nikzak10, Plainfield, CT Wed Feb 5, 2014

Answers

3
For the most part they are not available for sale until it is on the MLS. They need to value the property and take care of any occupant / personal property issues first. You can try leaving your contact info for the listing agent ..
Most likely you will need a Realtor to make the offer. It's a good idea to find a local, buyer's agent to work with. They will be able to guide you through the entire process and if this one doesn't work out, they will be ready and able to assist you with the next.

Some listings online are not for sale but rather in pre-foreclosure. It's possible that the home will never be for sale or will be listed on the MLS shortly. Another reason to have a Realtor on your side to keep an eye out and help you with all the aspects of buying a bank-owned property. Good luck!!
May I inquire how you found out it was bank owned? Each bank has an REO department that you may be able to contact. If you would like some assistance I would be happy to assist you in the process.