Foreclosure in Huntsville>Question Details

Ashley, Other/Just Looking in Huntsville, AL

how can i get foreclosure cleaning contracts, in and around huntsville alabama?

Asked by Ashley, Huntsville, AL Tue Jan 4, 2011

im trying to start a foreclosure cleaning bussiness

Answers

8
Innovations, is the name of my Co. We are looking for work in the foreclosure business. We can clean & repair any thing that needs to be done in order to be sold at Auctions or REO's.
My name is Rodney Corbett, Birmingham, Al. 677 Earline Circle, Ste A., email: corbettrodney0@gmail.com
I use cleaners for my bank owned properties, they have to be licensed, bonded and have workers comp in place before we can consider them. Sue Von Hor. C.D.P.E.
Start with your local city of county offices, whoever handles the business licenses in your area.
I am trying to start a business in Birmingham, AL. How do I find license requirments etc?
Hi Ashley, you will want to contact realtors who handle foreclosure listings, larger property preservation companies, and any competition in the area, seeking their overflow. This will get you started... but don't start without a plan... check out the foreclosure cleanup blog at link below to learn about business planning, equipment, how to get clients, marketing, forms you’ll need, etc., etc., etc. Tons of FREE info on the site.

Much success in Alabama!

Cassandra Black, CEO, Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC and Foreclosure Cleanup Consultant
Ashley,

We are one of the foreclosure outlets in town. Scott was correct in his direction. When we get a foreclosure property, we do have them cleaned just to present them in their best light, as always trying to get a little more in the offer. Most are in bad shape and as Sandy said, it wouldn't help anyway. The banks do pay for the work when they approve it. When I take a property, I ask for a quote from a cleaner, and depending on the bid, I may give the go ahead immediately. We are always looking for good work and cheap prices, but then who isn't these days. Make sure you are licensed and insured, create some flyers and drop some in our agent boxes. We will give you a call to meet at a property and quote it. As a first timer with each agent, you will need to present a copy of your license and insurance form for their records. Good luck!
Ashley, you may want to check with some of the foreclosure instutations as to their requirements. It has been my experience with short sales and foreclosures they could care less what the house looks like. You may want to check into doing insurance house cleaning also. Good luck in your endevor.
Web Reference: http://sandyslinkard.com
Ashley you should start with local agents who specialize in listing bank owned homes. you should be licensed if needed, have insurance and put together business card in literature of teh service yo offer. you should go in an meet the agnets as we get buried in phone calls every day and it is unlikely you will get any jobs from cold calling. When you make a contact offer free estomates, offer them a great price, quick service and do a good job, once you get in, then you should continue to get more work.

Please see my blog on how to get into the foreclosure business