Foreclosure in 94301>Question Details

Bee, Other/Just Looking in 94301

how can I find who owns a house? I have the property address.

Asked by Bee, 94301 Tue May 10, 2011

Answers

16
Bee,
Here is the site for Santa Clara County. Just click on the link for View or Pay Property Tax and you can put in an address and get the name of the owner.

http://www.sccgov.org/portal/site/tax/

Marcy Moyer
DRE 01191194
Web Reference: http://www.marcymoyer.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 10, 2011
who owns the house or property at 903 smith st providence ri
This is public record and most Realtors are able to check it for you. You could also do it by yourself by checking county recording office or county tax assessor.
Web Reference: http://www.homenet123.com
Bee:

I've always been able to get the names of the property owners as well as their mailing address by calling the county assessor's office. Now, here is the one caveat I have for you, if the home that you're trying to find is a foreclosure, the only information you'll get is the mailing address for processing the property tax bill, and not necessarily the name or address of anyone who can help you buy this home if you are interested.

Typically, if a home has been foreclosed, you will need to wait for the new owner or the bank--if the bank reclaims it--to come forward. If the bank has taken the property back in foreclosure, the home will most likely be assigned to a Realtor to be sold in the near future at which time the property will appear on the MLS.

Good luck!!

Grace Morioka
Area Pro Realty

P. S. Here's the number for the Santa Clara County Tax Assessor's office, owner inquiry line, 408-299-3227.
Try propertyshark.com. It provides the sale history, loan history, tax value, taxes paid, and buyer and seller history for most (I'd guess arount 70%), but not all, properties in the Bay Area. Of course, if the owner put title to the home in a trust name it will only provide the trust name.

It is free, although you've got to sign up via an email account.
No, apologies, please, Marcy. Thank you all for yr helpful tips.
Sorry Bee, I thought the tax record on line also has the owner name. I have access to the owners but can not post the link. If you send me an address I can look it up but will need to e-mail it to you privately. If you are not comfortable doing that you will have to go to the county records in person.

Marcy Moyer
Bee,

This is public record. You can check with the Assessor's Office.
I am curious Bee, why do you want to know who the owner is ?
Bee
if you send parcel number, i can check my records to see if owners' name appears.
thank you
Arn
The Register of Deed's office in your local court house will have all the deeds ever recorded on that property. It's a very simple process. Everything is on a computer database and you reform the search yourself just by entering in the property address.
Thank you for your responses. Marcy, I tried your suggestion but the owner's name does not appear. The payment history and parcel no. Appears
Hi, you can check the public records located in the town offices.

chris
The easiest place is checking with the town or cities assessor office, and pull the tax card, most have it online, if not you will need to go to their town or city hall. That will show you the lst recorded owner. Pleasenot ethough if it was just transferred or foreclsoed, they may not have immediate updates and may need to search the title/deed at the registry of deeds
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
It's also likely to be online; many tax records are. For instance, if you're looking up a property in Palo Alto, that's in Santa Clara County. You could search online for Santa Clara County tax assessor. I did, and that brought up a screen with links on the left, including: "Quick Hits. Look up property records." You'd plug the address in, and it'll tell you who the owner is.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Call your local and/or county tax assessor. This information is 'public record' and must be given to you if you call and ask.