Foreclosure in San Diego>Question Details

sdiegoec, Other/Just Looking in Chula Vista, CA

foreclosure timeframe for etrade in san diego

Asked by sdiegoec, Chula Vista, CA Tue Feb 12, 2013

Answers

7
John Juarez’s answer
In California the timeline of the foreclosure process is controlled by law. That applies to mortgages from Etrade and any other lender.

When you are delinquent on your mortgage the lender may file a Notice of Default. Lenders often wait until borrowers are 90 days or more behind on their loans before filing an NOD but they do not have to wait that long. Filing of the NOD starts the clock running.

A Notice of Trustee Sale can be filed three calendar months after the filing of the NOD. The NTS sets the date of the sale of the property (foreclosure date).

The Trustee Sale Date must be at least 20 days after the recording of the NTS.

So…from the filing of the Notice of Default to the trustee sale of the property could be less than four months. The lender can also postpone the auction.

Of course, the borrower can stop the auction up until just a few days before by paying all of the delinquent amounts plus fees.
If you just got the notice of default, it could be another 60 days or couple of years. No one really knows the rhyme or reason these banks use to actually process their foreclosures. If you want to get a clear picture of your options regarding delaying or avoiding the foreclosure, doing a short sale or getting a loan modification, I can point you in the right direction. Just call my help line 1.888.888.0154 and I'll get back to you asap. Time is definitely of the essence in these situations to ensure all options are available to you and your family.

Mr. Credit
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013
I agree with Wayne. Your question is not clear to me either.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013
sdiegoec

In order to answer your question accurately, we need clearer and more specific information from you as some have posted to you.

Do you have a current mortgage with Etrade?

Are you currently delinquent? If so, how many months past due are you?

Or, are you just asking about foreclosures in general?

Please respond, and many of us can just in and attempt to help you.

Wayne Brown
SecurityNtional Mortgage Company
NMLS Lic. # 343946
Company NMLS # 3116
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013
Hi There,

I'm not sure what you're asking ... Can you rephrase this?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013
Hello sdiegoec,

I'm pretty good at reading minds, but this one has me stumped. What, specifically, are you wanting to know?

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2013
If I could give you the best answer I would.