Foreclosure in 08330>Question Details

Pink07, Other/Just Looking in 08330

fake landlords/agent/broker/owner

Asked by Pink07, 08330 Sat Jul 18, 2009

how do i have ppl listen to me bout this man. he lied to us since the begging. house is in forclousure and 3 months till sheriff sale. the real owner is no where to be found and now this man is sending us to court to be evicted due to non payment ( is a lie) and lease expiered ( another lie). how can i bring him to justice if ive been to police and lawyers!! he is not licenced and has a fake property management business too due to the city clerks office. its just make me mad cuz if it was me i would have been in deep trouble but him he gets away with taking money under false company. any help is appriciated thank you... pink

Answers

1
In 1994, the New Jersey Supreme Court held that the New Jersey Anti-Eviction Act protects tenants even when the property where they live is in foreclosure or has been foreclosed.

http://www.state.nj.us/publicadvocate/public/issues/tenants_…

As for "Non-Payment" - you do have canceled checks, or money order receipts, or a signed receipt for the rent payments that you made, right?

-----------------------
Best wishes to you,
Fred
------------------------