Foreclosure in 03103>Question Details

Sheila, Home Owner in 03103

do you know how long i can live in my home after its been sold at auction in NH?

Asked by Sheila, 03103 Sat Mar 24, 2012

Did you own the home or did you rent the home? Renters believe it or not have more rights. The bank has to formally evict you. Most likely however, they will try to offer you cash for keys, in which case you agree to move by X date and they will give you cash to do it. Otherwise, they must go through the court system to evict.

Maryann Little
VP Mitigation
tweet me @rapidshortsales
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 24, 2012
Sheila if you rented they would giove you a 90 day eviction. If you were owner occupied they will give you a 30 day eviction. Once the auction is complete the home is usually assigned to an asset management company which then assigns the listing to a local agent who is on their approved list. You would then get a letter from the. The eviction is done by the banks attorney. You may have an opportunity for cash for keys, they will pay you to get out in 30 days or less to help with your move. The amount is negiotiable, the rule of thumb is teh faster you can get out, the more money they will goive you. Good luck working things out
Web Reference:
The bank will usually send you a letter after the auction. Most of the time it is sent to a Realtor or Property manager to work out the details with you. You can contact the bank. If you need help Finding a rental I can help
Typically you would have to have vacated by the time the auction took place. In some circumstances, 3-5 days is acceptable. You really should check with your literature that was sent to you by the bank or given to you after auction.
If you need assistance in finding a home, contact myself and I can find you something available ASAP.

Cheryl Cummings
Prudential Verani Realty
(603) 521-4275