Foreclosure in 94960>Question Details

Anna, Both Buyer and Seller in Marin County, CA

condo lost almost $150,000 in value.Current loan is interest only and will adjust in 2011. Refinancing is impossible.short sale or loan modification?

Asked by Anna, Marin County, CA Tue Apr 6, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Anna:

Maybe this answer is too late; but hopefully you have already started the Loan Modification process or at least, talked to a professional about your options, whether it is the folks at HOPE like Tistan mentioned, a Realtor who is well versed of and can talk you through the different options, or your tax attorney or tax accountant who is up to the current real estate trend and treatment, etc.

Personally, I would recommend checking into Loan Modification with your lenders first and see what they can/will do. I have heard of quite a few successful loan modifications recently, which is encouraging! If that does not work, Short Sale is usually your next step. Foreclosure or Deed-In-Lieu are next. But this all depends on your specific situation and should be evaluated carefully.

Please feel free to contact me (415) 717-0293 if you still have questions. Although I am very successful in short sales, my preference is to help my clients keep their home (why we buy home in the first palce). I am very good at consulting my clients and will be happy to chat with you.

Sylvia Barry
Frank Howard Allen Realtors
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 28, 2010
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin, CA

Contact, 888-995-HOPE (4673)â„¢, for free guidance/assistance with upside down mortgages.

If I can help RSVP.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 14, 2010
Try for a loan modification before considering a short sale.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 6, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer