Foreclosure in Virden>Question Details

Gmacathy, Both Buyer and Seller in Virden, IL

can you move modular or manufactured homes to another site ?

Asked by Gmacathy, Virden, IL Sun Mar 27, 2011

want to buy used one and move it to country land i have .

Answers

5
Modular’s are site built homes and may be more difficult or costly. Manufactured homes had wheels at one time and could be moved more easily.

Keep this in mind.....Something new I just learned is a lender will not loan on a manufactured home once it has been moved.

You may be able to find a manufactured home dealer who takes in repossessions and they clean them up and resale them. If you have already located the home, then contact a dealer to find out what is involved in moving them. In Florida, we have impact fees for developing the land. Do your homework.
No. Not as a practical matter.

It'd be much better to put a new one up on your land than to attempt to move an existing one.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
yes. Make sure to get permits both to transport over roadway andalso from new home site. Some counties has definite rules.
I would contact the manufacturer and ask the question. I have seen historic homes lifted off their foundations and moved, but I am not sure what effect it has on the structural integrity of the building. The manufacturer should be able to guide you.