Foreclosure in Macomb County>Question Details

Rs, Home Owner in Macomb County, MI

can you get in trouble for moving in without completion of certificate of occupancy?

Asked by Rs, Macomb County, MI Fri Jul 15, 2011

We purchased a foreclosure cash and still have to complete some of the certificate of occupancy requirements, but most major requirement are complete (water, electric, heat) but slowly found ourselves
living there . city wants me to schedule the inspections. will we be in trouble for occupying the home and are there waivers i can ask for to stay in home? and what will they do

Help the community by answering this question:


good morning...they may grant you a temporary certificate of occupancy based upon doing some but not all of the repairs....then you can occupy the home and complete the remaining/required repairs within a pre-determined timeframe.....ask macomb township to advise you..........
best regards
bob mcclure
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 17, 2011
"...but slowly found ourselves living there."

Can you imagine the Judge's reaction when you say that?

Your City and County may have their own way of dealing with this;
it doesn't come up too often in our work.

Probably falls under that: "What they don't know, can't hurt you." things

good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 17, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer