Foreclosure in 01905>Question Details

Lorrie, Other/Just Looking in 01905

can i get my home back from son who they forclosed on?

Asked by Lorrie, 01905 Mon Mar 8, 2010

my house was in sons name and he mesed up real bad with a bad lender at a young age i am so upset w\hat can i do i think it was even auctioned of with no buyers

Help the community by answering this question:


I am so sorry to here about what you are going through. To answer your question, yes, you can probably get it back, though you will have to do some digging to do so. I would contact the lender that your son was dealing with and tell them that you would like to purchase the home from them as soon as you can.

Good Luck!

Abe Mills
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 8, 2010
Lorrie, First things first. Go to and see who is the current deed holder. Try to contact them. Once the bank takes over a property they sometimes sell them immediately to another lender. Good luck with your endeavor!
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 10, 2010
Lorrie, Unfortunately because the house was not in your name there is not much you can do yourself except buy it from the bank.
NOW your son has a right to settle the debt if the title to the property has not yet been transferred to the bank and this can take some time to do even in a non-redemption states like MA. If you want to work through him you need to act fast and contact the lender.
If your son needs any information about getting his life back in order after foreclosure and potentially back into a home there are ways to do that, visit for more info.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 10, 2010

I have to ask (without sounding disrespectful)...why would you allow your son to put your property in his name?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 9, 2010
What is done is done. It sounds like the foreclosure has been completed. The bank should be listing the property as soon as the property is vacant and all documentation is recorded. The only option you have now is to purchase the property once the property gets listed. Your son will have the foreclosure on his record but you should be able to make an offer on the property and hopefully purchase the property.

Good Luck

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Metro Milwaukee

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 9, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer