Foreclosure in Overland Park>Question Details

Sandra Easte…, Other/Just Looking in Overland Park, KS

can i get a home loan if i have had a forclosurer?

Asked by Sandra Easterwood, Overland Park, KS Mon Jan 28, 2008

Answers

5
You will likely find some lenders that will encourage you via this answer board but it is becoming increasingly difficult in this financial climate to find financing with obvious negatives like these. I would consider renting until your credit is in good shape again....try to avoid a high interest or a rent-to-own situation that can threaten to put you back in the same situation. I hope it all works out for you...good luck!
There are many factors that would need to be looked at and considered for anyone to be able to give you an accuaret answer. If you need the name of a couple local lenders who can talk to you about getting preapproved, let me know and I will be glad to provide you with that information.
depends on the program/product.
4yrs for conventional loans
3yrs for FHA

You would need to have re-established credit....with at least 3tradelines.
Other than this...you're going to be looking at a hardmoney loan or subprime.
That's if you can find one or if your state will allow it
Sandra,

Everybody deserves a second chance and there are many programs available. The best thing you can do is find a reputable lender. If they cannot find financing for you now, don't get discouraged. Aske them what you will need to do to get back on track.
Hi, Sandra! There are factors that go into loan approval. If the bankruptcy was due to unemployment or illness there may be a greater chance for loan approval in a short amount of time. Also, after foreclosure your interest rate could be significantly higher than the current average rate. I highly recommend locating a professional lender to help guide you through the process. I have a couple of lenders' names I can give you, just send me an email at rebekah@rebekahherzog.com and I'll forward them on to you.
Web Reference: http://rebekahherzog.com