Foreclosure in Middletown>Question Details

Mlj72, Home Owner in Middletown, CT

can homeowners of foreclosed homes get any assistance in relocation costs?

Asked by Mlj72, Middletown, CT Tue May 17, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:



Contact the Relocation Office at Calcagni Associates, (203) 272-1821 X368

They specialize in Relocation and would be able to answer your questions. They are also part of a National Referral Network. Here is a list of services they provide:

•Home finding
•Temporary housing
•Area orientation
•Mortgage companies
•Furniture rental
•Home inspection
•Moving companies
•Travel agencies
•Spouse employment assistance
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 25, 2011
Are you talking about relocation by a company move, or a 'cash for keys' scenario from the bank? In some cases, there are banks that will work out a 'deal' with the homeowner where the homeowner agrees to leave the house by a certain date, and if they do, the bank will give them a small stipend to help with moving costs or deposit on a rental. It's generally a win-win, as the owner ends up with a little cash flow, and the bank doesn't have to go through an eviction process.

If you're referring to a company relocation, it is certainly possible for the owner of a foreclosed home to still get assistance, but that would be completely a negotiation between the hiring company and yourself.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 17, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer