Foreclosure in 33946>Question Details

Bkrantz, Home Buyer in 33946

can an association force a foreclosure on a property in the association?

Asked by Bkrantz, 33946 Sat Jul 11, 2009

I am in a house with an association and have not been able to pay the association fees. Association has leins on my property. Can the association foreclose on me because of non payment of the association dues.

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes! Unfortunately, the association has the power to foreclose the property if you are not paying their dues. At this market, if you dont have any equity then normally, they will send it to collection if you are not paying and they will put a lien also. Even if it forecloses, they will follow you for their payment, so it's better to discuss with them and explain your situation or make some payment plan.

If you cannot afford the payment then try for loan modification, so that the new payment will create some money for the association also. If you cannot qualify for loan modification, then think about doing short sale. Consult with your CPA or attorney for any tax ramifications.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 12, 2009
You need to read through your homeowners documents and see what is said about this situation. You should then call a Real Estate attorney and get their advice.

Nadine Mauro
The Herman Group Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 11, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer