Foreclosure in Las Vegas>Question Details

Dt4davis, Home Owner in Las Vegas, Las Vegas,...

can an HOA come after the original homeowner during a foreclosure?

Asked by Dt4davis, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Sun Mar 11, 2012

Answers

4
The way the HOA can come after you during the foreclosure process is through the property. Typically what they will do is put a lien on the property. Since an HOA in the state of Nevada is considered a Super Lien which gives it a high priority. Sooner or later it is going to have to be paid. Either by the Bank through a Short Sale, or REO sale, or by an investor if they buy at the trustee sale.

Hope this brings more light to the situation.
Contact me directly if you have any other Real Estate questions or if there is anything else that I can do to be of service.

Chris Harrison
Barrett & Co., Inc.
2885 S. Jones Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702) 592-9510 ph
Chris.Harrison@msn.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 14, 2012
Dt4davis: Please disregard the misinformation from the out-of-state agents who have no idea about the strict laws Nevada has in protecting HOA's. I suggest you Google "Nebada: and "HOA Laws" and get specific information on how liable you are

DON'T MISS FREE LIST HUD PROPERTIES + GOVERNMENT FORECLOSURES at SUBSTANTIAL DISCOUNTS
See Web
Probably not, unless you are still on title or left owing HOA dues.
An HOA can place a lien on the property which gives them priority during a foreclosure.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com