Foreclosure in Houston>Question Details

Paul G, Home Owner in Houston, TX

by law how long can I stay in my home after a foreclosure, i am not working right now

Asked by Paul G, Houston, TX Mon Mar 4, 2013

Answers

2
Al Geffon’s answer
I'm not an attorney, and this shouldn't be considered legal advice ... but the moment that the foreclosure process is complete, ownership of the home reverts back to the lender. You are then subject to eviction (as in possessions placed on the street) once the necessary paperwork is filed . There is no law that I'm aware of that will delay the inevitable. How long it takes is anyone's guess ... I know of a situation that lasted almost a year. Depending upon how many foreclosed homes the lender has to deal with, it could be a week, a month, three months, six months ... there's no telling; but it will occur. Your best option is to move as soon as you can, so as to avoid an ugly confrontation or humiliating experience in front of your neighbors. I'm sorry you're in this situation, and wish you well.
File bankruptcy even up to the date of foreclosure it will delay it for 4-6 months, Then you can have up to a year to reclaim it FU BOA>