Foreclosure in Manitowoc>Question Details

Peterman7, Other/Just Looking in Manitowoc, WI

any one else getting no where with american home mortgage servicing? I have been faxing in paystubs, bank statements tax returns for 17 months now

Asked by Peterman7, Manitowoc, WI Sat Jan 9, 2010

and I never get a direct answer from them

Answers

5
Yes!!!- we have been trying since last July to get the HAMP modification. We met all the criteria and they have given us the runaround asking for one more document, saying documents were missing (impossible because it was a PDF file) each time delaying it enough that it went into the next month...requiring yet another round of "documentation" and the cycle keeps going.

We have been turned down 4 times- first time because we made too much, second time because we made too much, third time because we made too little and fourth time because we "proved" that we were able to keep up with the payments. We borrowed money in order to keep from getting behind. We are not late but cannot afford the payments.

Our loans are $600k and the house is worth $390k.

We went through the HOPE program and our "counselor" told us she was going out on medical leave and that it would be a long time before she could help us! REALLY???

In all this time, we only received 1 written denial from the first attempt. We have written a letter to the CA Attorney General that we feel they have been unfair in their treatment.

Our next step is to try and find a reputable attorney to hire in San Jose. This is more money we will have to borrow to pay their fee. We are pretty much at our wits end.

AHMSI has been less than forthcoming in their business practice along with the HOPE program.

We are nearly out f time and our payment just went up.
17 months is a very long time! What are you trying to accomplish? A Modification or repay plan or what? Are you in foreclosure ? The best way to get the banks attention and get a real person to answer your questions is send in a "qualified Written request" outlining all your issues. According to respa the bank needs to respond in 20 days (usually saying received your request and are reviewing it) then in 60 days must actually respond to your request.

Contact me if you need some help and I would be glad to see what I can do. Or look at my website and see if that gives you enough information.

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Metro Milwaukee

http//www.milwaukeebailout.com
If all were true how would American Home Mortgage stay in business if they ignored your faxes?

Have you made any verbal contact with a person review your file ?

Contact President office I am assured you will get a response.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911

http://www.lynn911.com
The banks are awful when it comes to paper work, document everything you do you may need it if they file for foreclosure. There have been cases where the judge has thrown cases out because the bank was uncooperative. Good Luck Bob
Have you tried sending copies by mail with a return receipt request and then by following up with a phone--at least you'll have proof they are in receipt somewhere in the building. Who knows how many daily faxes they receive and who knows on which desk they end up on--17 months is a long time--depending on what you're looking to do why not seek the help of an attorney specializing in real estate.

Anna