Christy, Home Buyer in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Wood rot and pest control company's failure to fully re-inspect... Now I am left with wood they documented as rotten the first time, but was

Asked by Christy, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL Wed Jun 20, 2012

never Wdo re-inspect...failure to find lack of wood repair...what laws govern pest controls responsibility to report properly?

Answers

2
jeffoneal08’s answer
I have lived in my home built in 2007 by Toll Brother Nocate FL 32081 going on my fourth year. I noticed the stucco on my home creacking and debonding. Per the engineer my HOI sent out he also observed de-bonded and peeled synthetic stucco finish on the north, west and east walls of the building were consistent with prolonged (several months to years) exposure to moisture from water intrusion in the exterior stucco assembly due to improper detailing of the stucco assembly. Moisture infiltrated through cracks and gaps on the wall surface and around the window frame. Because of the impermeable properties of the acrylic based synthetic stucco finish, and the absence of a system to evacuate the moisture trapped behind the synthetic stucco finish, moisture was allowed to accumulate behind the walls finish. The prolonged exposure to moisture caused the synthetic stucco finish coat to deteriorate. Had a system been put in place to allow moisture to exit the system, the severe deterioration of the finish coat would have been avoided. Toll has denied liability. Now I have mold behind these walls The level of mold behind the walls are as follows Aspergillus/Penicillium kitchen, kids bedroom and master bedroom all at,99.998%, we also had a foundation leak in the kitcken and still have no island. My insurance ajuster also brought to my attention a leaking window. Regarding the foundation damage Ram Jacks reports states. Given the age of your home and the evidence of differential settlement it is the opinion of Ram Jack of Florida Inc. that the damage sustained by the home is the result of failure of the foundation and improper backfill. The home is uninsurable and the builder denies liability and that I an out of warranty.. AS of 1/28 I have no HOI coverage and the come continues to deteriate. We have two leaking windows. foundation leak and the water heater blew up an caused $1000 in water damage. If thats not enough the bull nose around the polls is seperating from the pool shell. GOOD LUCK TO NEW HOME BUYERs>
AS OF TODAY...NOW MY LENDERS FORCED PLACE HOI WILL NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE
I too am thinking of buying a home in coastal oaks. I would appreciate a call to discuss your issues. Perhaps habing future buyers tell them about this and and tell them we want buy if this kind of problem goes on and is not fixed would help. J Bolin 706-830-5967. A phone call would be great.
Flag Fri Feb 15, 2013
Hi Christy,

Have you already closed on the home? If not, are you still within your inspection contingency period? My advice is probably going to be to consult an attorney because REALTORS(R) are not authorized to give legal advice but if you haven't closed yet you may have other options.

Jeff Metcalf, REALTOR(R)
Watson Realty Corp.
(904)495-0115
http://www.Realty2Reality.com