Foreclosure in Whittier>Question Details

Kylie, Home Buyer in Whittier, CA

Why the seller is paying all the cost?

Asked by Kylie, Whittier, CA Mon Jun 18, 2012

I just signed a homesteps addendum contract of sale.this is a foreclosure condo property.the seller/bank will pay everything.also they gave me $500 for a home worried about the inspections.they paid everything and it's the termites,.lead based paint...and it's all ok..and they' ve done this 2 mos ago..I'm very concerned for the lead based paint coz I have a 5 yr old son..can I make my own inspection?can I trust their inspections?pls give some more a first time home buyer.i don't know infill just say yes to them.thank you in advance!

Great question...My first advice is to consult with your agent representing you; he or she will be more than happy to answer all or any of your questions. Homestep is a freddie mac bank owned a first time buyer; I highly encourage you to read all the terms and conditions of your contract. Your buying a home "AS IS", if your questioning the work thats been done or provided home inspection? you may want to pay ($200-$250) for an Independent home inspection to give you a detailed report. this way you know what your buying; and you can make a sound decision; if its something you can live with or something you can afford to correct. hope this helps. Thank you!

Arnold M Pena/ C21 Allstars #1 C21 office in the USA 2011, Q1 2012
Thank you so much for all your great really helps.I'll have my own home inspection..
Homes in California are sold "As IS' which is a default in the purchase contract.
That is why you should have your own home inspection.
Read the seller provided reports, paperwork you recieve carefully.

Your agent is the best source of answers as they are duty bound to guide the client they represent to the best of their ability.

John N Magana Prudential California Realty - Whittier
You should always have your own inspection done. Usually when you put an offer on a property you will put a home inspection contingency in your offer giving you a certain time frame to have inspections done. If it the property is sold as is then most likely they won't repair anything however you will know what you're buying and possibly have the option to cancel your contract to purchase. This will all depend on what your contract says. Talk to your real estate agent and let him know your concerns.