Foreclosure in 11234>Question Details

Cherubim, Other/Just Looking in 11234

Why can't the bank "find" the property's documents?

Asked by Cherubim, 11234 Fri Dec 4, 2009

I am interested in purchasing a foreclosed home in Brooklyn,NY. I have been looking to purchase this house for over a year but the bank claims itcannot "find" the documents for the house. What is the next step I can take to purchase this home? I'm so tired & frustrated!

Answers

5
What is your agent advising you to do--and if you don't have and this is the property for you, why not contact any attorney that specializes in real estate, and take it from there.

Anna
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 6, 2009
Dear Home Buyer,
I understand your frustration. as the market is kind of crazy now days. With a lot of foreclosures & the NEWS...
We hv real estate attorney in our office & are brokers in the state of NY.
Do let us know if u need any help. As we handle a lot of short sales/ foreclosure properties.
http://www.goforshortsale.com
347-394-5000
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 5, 2009
what doc's do you need i have a title company
jeffrey@nationalbrokerage.com
call me 917 952 1500
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 5, 2009
This is because some lenders / investors sell the note to other lenders / investors. The informationyou look at the County or anywherecould be the servicer's name and not the real owner. I just did a BPO in a property that has been vacant for over a year and lender is no loger "alive".

Also, I was checking a couple days ago my cancel listings and there is one that it has been vacant over two years and had not been on the market. According to tax records, not even the owner nave had been changed.

Move on, hire a realtor and buy!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 4, 2009
Are they marketing it for sale at the time? Or do you just know if it is bank owned and want to buy?

You could have a real estate attorney represent you and deal with the bank directly.

Sean Dawes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 4, 2009