Foreclosure in 89102>Question Details

roper, Other/Just Looking in Covington, KY

Who pays past due property taxes on house foreclosed on for the taxes? Bank wont let us stop auto withdraw for mortgage until taxes paid.

Asked by roper, Covington, KY Fri Feb 14, 2014

Answers

4
Your question requires further clarification. "Who pays past due property taxes on house foreclosed on for the taxes?" Did you purchase a home "subject to"? Meaning, did you purchase a home at the "court house steps" (or other venue used for purchasing foreclosures)? Are you a former property owner who lost their property at a foreclosure sale?

Your comment, "Bank wont let us stop auto withdraw for mortgage until taxes paid" indicates (to me) that you are the former owner of the property. If that is NOT the case, I have no idea why there would be an auto-withdrawal from your bank account.

In either event, the way to eliminate "auto-withdrawal" is to either consult with your banking representative as to whether or not you can terminate an "auto-withdrawal" (many will not allow you to do such) or simply cancel your banking relationship (entirely) with your bank and move your business to another bank which will likely act in the same manner in the future if you should find yourself yet again in the same position.

How do I know this? I've BEEN in your position and I am a real estate expert (of more than 20 years) having once owned and operated an investment bank. Unfortunately, "regulations" and "procedures" seldom depart from one another while they consistently conflict with one another.

If I've failed to answer your question; or, otherwise misunderstood what you're seeking to answer, please further clarify EXACTLY what you're experiencing and I (or another here) will attempt to direct you further.
Thank you Mike, Rockin Realtor, Steven, Matt and Kim. You only get so many characters to ask your question with thats why I couldn't go into detail. My mother lost her home to the city foreclosing on back taxes(3yrs) she owed. She also owed 10yrs of county taxes. Her mortgage is thru Chase. Chase also purchased the county past due taxes in2010. We are being told that she is responsible for the back taxes and will continue to take her "house payment" monthly to put towards those back taxes. Her home is in KY. Any suggestions how I find if she is responsible for them? Since the bank changed the locks on the house are they technically the owners? Are they responsible if something would happen to the house or does she have to carry the insurance. I know most insurance companies won't cover an unoccupied home.
I really appreciate your time helping me try to help my 80yr old mother.
Flag Sat Feb 15, 2014
It depends on what was agreed upon in your purchase agreement . If you are referring to the purchase of a bank owned property . In Las Vegas it is particularly unique as I see the banks make the buyer responsible for property transfer taxes , HOA and utility leins and pretty much everything else including trustee and short sake negotiator fees . On top of closing costs . I have seen fees reach upwards of
$ 25, 000 k in addition to normal closing costs . But again it all depends on what you agreed to. You should read your contract over as well as the bank addendum.
Good day Roper,
The current owner of real property is responsible for paying taxes NV .
When the property is foreclosed upon, the foreclosing entity becomes responsible for paying the back taxes since they are now the owner. The payment of the back taxes become a cost of the foreclosure _________________________________________________________________________________
The property cannot be sold with clear title unless the back taxes are paid. If the property is purchased at an auction, the Buyer is responsible to pay back taxes as the Bank/Investor was never the owner. ___________________________________________________________________________ If the bank will not stop removing funds from your account, go to your bank and write a note that they shall not release funds to that company any longer. Send a copy to the company telling them to stop removing funds from the account ._______________Some banks may want you to close the account. So, close the account and open another account. That will stop the funds from being removed. The moral of the story is not to provide automated access to your account for any reason. I hope that helps.
_______________________________

Try my new mobile ap for your phone._______________________
Go to http://www.teamgoldman.org and save it to your home screen_______________________
_____________________________________________
Please contact me immediately if you know a person that cannot make their mortgage payments. I will work with them to avoid foreclosure or bankruptcy at no charge or fees to them.

Realty One Group
The Brodkin Group
Steven Goldman, CRS
Broker Salesman
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Advocate (CDAT)
Certified Short Sale Professional (CSP)
Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist (CPRES)
REO-BPO Certified
GRI, ABR, SRES, CNHS, PM, CCI
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Direct 702-242-1372
E-Mail: crssteven@teamgoldman.info
http://www.teamgoldman.info
I believe all leans other than Property Taxes are removed from property with foreclosure but you should verify. If they are not removed, It doesn't see fair that you have to pay for taxes but they should have been listed on title search when you purchased home unless you bought at courthouse steps? Matt