Foreclosure in Apple Valley>Question Details

Sachmosis, Home Buyer in Apple Valley, CA

Who gets Cash for keys?

Asked by Sachmosis, Apple Valley, CA Fri Mar 8, 2013

There are 3 separate families all living in my home, 2 of them are renting from me. If my house gets foreclosed on, will they have to give each family cash for keys? We will all be moving to different places.

Answers

2
Each lender has their own set of guidelines as to the maximum amount of money they are willing to give. I'd suggest you contact the agent representing the lender and explain the situation so that you know upfront what the lender is willing to do. Note that cash for keys is not an obligation and a lender can always decide to pursue an eviction. I would suggest to consult an attorney if you have not done so already.
Hello, all occupants over the age of 18 will have to sign paperwork and will receive a split from the cash for keys. Contact the agent who will be listing the property or the bank directly to find out the exact logistics and or amounts given as each bank is different :)