Foreclosure in 32835>Question Details

Brown, Home Buyer in 32835

Which is the best way to get short sale leads?

Asked by Brown, 32835 Wed Jul 8, 2009

I'm a new investor who has access to transactional funding and a negotiator and would like to start with short sales.

Answers

12
You can get short sale leads from the court house when they are filed. These will be published in a local newspaper. I have done numerous short sales and it use to be that you could get better deals from short sales. However, in today's market you can get as good or better deals when they show up as foreclosures in MLS. It is true, that you will have more competition but in the long run you will do a lot less work. Short sales today are difficult and time consuming and there is no guarantee they will even work out. Another option to think about, is bidding at the court house steps. Banks are now taking less than what is owed at the courthouse steps. Again, there will be some competition there but generally no more than two or three bidders. Still another option, would be to track bid results at the courthouse, and do upset bids. I have done all of these except for an upset bid. Good luck with your investing!
As an investor, you can keep your options open for any type of property which meets your criteria for cost, rent potential, flip potential, irregardless of whether it is a short sale or not.
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Find a great short sale Agent..sit down and work together
Web Reference: http://www.rolandlorans.com
Find a real estate professional that you like and trust who is experienced at selling short sale properties.
Amazing how these get a life of their own. I would have agreed with Alys and questioned why short sales? How has this work out for you so far, Brown?
I will like to invite you to a Free Short Sale Seminar, we will be open to discussions and questions
Our next seminar will be held on our officce at 10645 Narcossee Rd, Orlando,Fl 32832 in March, 18, 2010 at 6:30 PM
We are going to cover the buying side of a Short Sale

Buying a short sale home can be an enormous hassle with fantastic rewards. Just be sure to choose your home carefully, know what you’re getting into, and unless you’re a real estate expert, find an agent who is experienced in short sales and can assist you in:

- Identifiy a property that can close fairly smooth .
- Identifiy a fair market price that is acceptable by banks (no just a price to attract offers and waste your time, some listing agents price their short sales very low, just to bring traffic, creating a wrong expectation from buyers, that after 4 o 5 month of waiting, are told that the offer has to be increase or has been reject )
-Help you make a nice and strong offer to stand out from others (if there is a multiple offer situation)
-Keep you inform and motivated along the process because in a lenghly process!

Visit us at http://www.LakeNonaShortSaleExperts.com

CAROLINA ALFONZO
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Certified Short Sale Specialist
STEVE FUSILIER AND COMPANY INC
10645 Narcoossee Road
Orlando, Fl 32832
Phone: 407-468-2015
E-mail: Carolina@NonaShortSale.com or
Carolina@EastOrlandoHomeForSale.com
To search the MLS Free visit my web page
http://www.EastOrlandoHomeForSale.com
Hey Brown,

Are you aware that as of April 5th Fannie and Freddie Short Sales will require the buyer to hold the property a minimum of 90 days? A "Deed Restriction" will be recorded that will not allow a subsequent sale sooner than 90 days. The days of flipping those have gone.

Alma
Why can't an agent make suggestions and not sell yourself as a buyer's agent. Work with an non high pressure agent who will sell you wnat would be good for your investment not only good for realtor's commission. I see no post here that says they cannot do the job for you.Buyer's beware. Caveat Emptor.
Hello Mr. Investor
First at all I will like, to encourage you to work with a Realtor that not only knows the area, but knows about real estate investments, who will give you a better advice? than a investor himself. I'm and investor and we can have a informal chat of what will be a better investment for you? and why?. .
Please call or email me of you want to have a list of the actual properties for SHORT SALE
It will be a pleasure to help you.

CAROLINA ALFONZO
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Certified Short Sale Specialist
STEVE FUSILIER AND COMPANY INC
10645 Narcoossee Road
Orlando, Fl 32832
Phone: 407-468-2015
E-mail: Carolalfonzo@msn.com
Carolina@EastOrlandoHomeForSale.com
To search the MLS Free visit my web page http://www.EastOrlandoHomeForSale.com
Get a buyer's agent. Let them do the foot work for you. They will call you and email you with the great homes that are perfect for you. They will also help you structure your offer and give you the information you need to feel confident about the choices you make. It's FREE!
Brown,

Align yourself with an experienced and trusted Realtor. This is how I can help; after an initial interview to determine your wants and needs and an assessment of your buying power I can set you up on auto send via email on all the properties of interest to you and in the area you would like to target and that fullfills your interests. Doesn't that sound more efficient than spending hours trolling thru the thousands of listings on the market.? In some cases I have knowledge of homes not yet on the market or just coming on the market. I have regular updates sent to me from Freddie and Fannie on foreclosed properties available.

With me, it is a matter of communication and action. You cannot be passive in todays competative market or the best product at the best pricing will be gone or have multiple offers that often times drive up the price! Supply and demand. You should interview a few agents to find the one that you feel most comfortable with.

As an investor, you cannot go wrong with a good solid experienced Realtor, banker or broker, inspector and contractor. It is all about with whom you align yourself. I know this because I have been a Realtor in Orlando for 10 years and much of my success has come as a result of my business partners.

I will leave my contact information. To learn more about how I can help you visit my website and register as a VIP member to start communications.

Gay Middleton
Realtor**Moving You in the Right Direction
gaymiddleton@orlandohomeresales.com
407.493.3699
Web Reference: http://www.gaymiddleton.com
My question for you is: Why short sales?

In a declining market, even with a negotiator, the length of time it takes to get an approved price agreed on can lead to you being locked in to purchasing a property at a price that is not the best you could have gotten.

My answer: Get thee a Buyer's Agent. We work for you exclusively but our commission is paid by the seller.

I'd be happy to assist your search. Right now there are 250 active short sale listings in 32835 (and that is only the ones that are properly flagged in the MLS), there's got to be something in that mix that will suit your needs...

Alys Esmond
Century 21 Professional Group Inc.
(321)695-5593
alys.esmond@century21.com