Foreclosure in 48226>Question Details

Maryc4512, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

Where to get some information about specific Foreclosures?

Asked by Maryc4512, Detroit, MI Mon Mar 25, 2013

I have some questions regarding Foreclosures. I read a little about it and I think I understand the general process. I know that these properties are sold "As is". However, can we visit, to see what the "As is" actually is? Can we have access to general information on the property i.e. annual taxes, HOA, etc?

I subscribed to a Foreclosure website, but that doesn't give a lot of information about the properties.

Marie

Answers

2
Why does it sound like you are resisting contacting a Realtor?
Do you think that you can do everything "on-line"?
Who is going to protect your interests?
Hello Marie,

The web sites that you are referring to generally give you limited information to lure you in and try to get you to subscribe to their service. You asked if you can get in to see what the "AS IS" condition is on any given foreclosure, and the answer is generally, YES, if the home is on the market.

If it is a foreclosure in the beginning stages and not on the market yet, then no you cannot get in to view the home. If you work with a Realtor, then yes you can have access to all of the tax information ,the HOA information (if any) and any other related information. It is important that you work with a Realtor because they will have the knowledge and understanding of how to get you the information needed, and to keep you informed during the entire process from looking at a foreclosure to what to be careful of with a foreclosure.

If you have a specific house or neighborhood that you are interested in, I can look and see if that perticular house, or a house in that neighborhood is on the market, or has gone to Sheriff Sale.

My contact information is below, feel free to contact me.

Thank you and I hope that helps a bit.

HAIG
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com