Foreclosure in 60540>Question Details

Michael Ande…, Both Buyer and Seller in Naperville, IL

Where is a good place (website) to gather info on foreclosures in the area?

Asked by Michael Anderson, Naperville, IL Tue Jan 13, 2009

Answers

9
Michael,

I am a real estate attorney in Chicago. First let me say that I agree with the other posters that you should contact a realtor to help you in this area. I made this video a while back for a friend who asked a similar question (so ignore the fact that I am talking to Steve). I haven't trodded it out in a while, but it should still be good http://www.hg-legal.com/tutorials/steve/steve.htm

If you are not a member of the Naperville Library to get access to the information in the video (which is the same information that you would pay for on the web, but the library offers for free) many many libraries offer access to this information in a similar way, so just check with your local library.

If you are looking to purchase a foreclosure I would be happy to help you from the legal perspective.

Paul Garver
paul@hg-legal.com
Real Estate agents really know little about the foreclosure market. Most specialize in traditional real estate. Buying foreclosed real estate requires a team of professionals who have a system of finding, financing, and remodeling property. Take a look at the link below. Here you will find a system to buy foreclosed homes.
Christian Chase
Chase Real Estate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 1, 2009
Foreclosures are a little tougher to find unless you know what you are looking for. My site does provide with pretty good accuracy but to get a complete picture of what foreclosures are out there an agent is your best bet. Here is that search site again.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 13, 2009
Your best bet is to find a local agent in the area who has experience in foreclosures. They will have access to the MLS. A recent addition to the MLS works in conjunction with the county records to provide you with a wealth of data that will aid you in your research.
Check out Chicagoland's foreclosure website. Here you will find information on

How To:
1. Find Foreclosures
2. Finance these deals
3. Connect with a reputable Rehabber
4. Live-in, Flip or Rent your property.
Michael,

Fannie Mae has a website with homes that they own and could not force the banks to buy back. It is http://www.homepath.com I can provide special financing on these properties. The down payment required is very low. Most of the homes on the site have both exterior and interior photos.

Michael
Hello Michael,

There's a great new feature that a lot of buyers find useful that allows them to easily search for foreclosure properties themselves. It's set up on my web site. You can either click on the Foreclosures & Short Sales button on my home page to go directly to local search results or you can click on the Search for Homes button on my home page to go to an advanced search. On the advanced search page, click on the foreclosure radio button at the top of the form and enter the rest of your search criteria.

Good luck with your search and have a great day!

Vince Coniglione
Phone: 630-391-8764
Web: foxvalleygreenhomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 5, 2009
Just ask your favorite local Realtor to email the ones that meet your needs to you directly from the Realtor MLS when they come on the market or reduce in price.
Web Reference: http://www.realtybob.com
i suggest you contact a local agent who can provide you with the latest & most accurate info from the MLS at no cost to you. Do not pay for this info--it is available for free.