Foreclosure in 90255>Question Details

Gloria, Other/Just Looking in Huntington Park, CA

Where do I find out who owns the house?

Asked by Gloria, Huntington Park, CA Tue Dec 9, 2008

I'm a tenant in a house and we heard the house was in forclosure and bank owned the apparent owner is stillcharging rent how can i know who owns the house? Do we need to pay rent to apparent owner if the house is owned by bank?

Answers

6
check the address on propertyshark. Under the title documents section you should find the last sale document
There are banks in my area renting properties, especially those of builders that were never sold, due to falling prices small community banks found it more favorable to rent the homes than to market them for sale.

Who did you hear from that the house was in foreclosure? Unless you received notification from a bank, a homeowner struggling with his payments or hearsay about looming foreclosure does not necessarily get you out of your lease agreement with the owner.
If the house has been foreclosed and is now owned by the bank, than you don't need to pay the apparent owner. You can check with the local real estate agent, they can obtain a property profie and confirm that its now owned by the bank or wait until someone from asset management group for the bank/mortgagor contact you.

Consider saving the monthly rental amount until, you can verify, who is the current owner of the property.
Gloria send me the address and I will check it out for you. I have an office in South Gate and will be able to tell you who owns this home. And STOP paying rent to someone that does not own the house. The bank does not charge you rent, they will most likely want you to vacate the premises but don't do anything until I can verify for you.

Dyanna
hi my name is barb and im in the same situation and I stopped paying but the landlord was able to get an evivtion for us. could u possibly tell me who owns the house. the city clerk said she hasn't owned it since march 2013 wayne county does thank you
Flag Tue Feb 4, 2014
Gloria,

The fact that you are living in the home without ownership, brings with it the responsibility of paying rent. This should be about identifying who is due the monthly rent.

To just not pay could present future problems for you.
Call the county property appraiser and then you might consider sitting down with an attorney to discuss your situation.

Hope that's helpful!

-Josh