Foreclosure in Roseville>Question Details

Gleagleton, Home Buyer in Roseville, CA

Where do I find out the home I am renting and made an offer on is still for a auction? Do I still to be paying the landlord if does go to auction?

Asked by Gleagleton, Roseville, CA Wed Dec 14, 2011

Answers

5
I can find that out for you... go to my website below and send me the information and I will check into it for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 14, 2011
By Auction, do you mean the Trustee Sale? (Foreclosure). As others have said your agent, if you have one, should be able to tell you. Also usually there are several notices posted on the front door that will have contact information for the trustee sale and the dates of the sale.

If the property is foreclosed on, as a tenant you will still have rights depending on how long you have lived in the property, you should contact the local housing authority to help you determine who the rent goes to and what kind of notice is required you be given. You will not be paying the current owner if the property is foreclosed on.
If you had a real estate agent write the offer for you, he or she should give you the answer very quickly. If you did not already have an agent, Robert Bloom offered first on this thread to help you get that information quickly.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
You can go down to the county records office to see if it has gone to auction or if it has been postponed. As for the rent if the property has gone to auction than no the landlord does not have the right to collect rent. If you have a rental agreement and it goes to auction you should show it to the person who has acquired the property at the trustee sale.
Hi Gleagleton,

I'm going to assume you hired a Realtor and they submitted your offer to the Listing Agent. Have your Realtor contact the Listing Agent to see if the Trustee Sale/Auction has been postponed. Make sure your Realtor gets a confirmation from the Listing Agent that it has been postponed. As for paying your landlord rent, if you have a written agreeement with your landlord, you still need to abide by it so you are not trespassing illegally - just make sure you keep records/copies of payments.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com