Foreclosure in Riverside>Question Details

Lisa, Home Buyer in 92503

Where can I find out if an NOD has been filed against me?

Asked by Lisa, 92503 Sat Aug 22, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


You can check with your County Assessor office or use free real estate information services such as to check if any Notice of Default has been filled against your property title.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 11, 2014
You are not the only home owner that is losing their home. Do not get stressout, it will affect your mental and physical well being.
Talk to a real estate attorney and see what options you have.
Don't call a regular attorney, contact a real estate attorney, they have more in tune with real estate law than a regular attorney.
Feel free to contact me via my trulia profile if you have any questions.

Be strong,
Jes Sierra, B.Sc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 22, 2009
Hi Lisa it is to sad to hear about your situation, Lisa who is you lender ? . For a loan mod you have to prove your lender that you can be able to make your future payments. your not alone there's hundred of people going through the same situation, And it is real sad that a lot of people that pay a lot money for loan mod and they already lost their house and lost the oportunity of a fresh star, when there's no cost for a short sale solution. Short sale is for people who are going through a hard situation and they cant' keep doing their mortgage payment , but they are worried about their future . you have the choice of ruining your credit or damaging your credit, to get out of your house with dignity and be able to find a place for you and your family or wait until the sheriff shows up , you have the oportunity of a fresh start and buying within 2 years or buy in 7 years with a foreclosure.
Lisa I am here to help you if you need more information let me know.
Cecilia Rodriguez Short sale & loss mitigation specialist
Lic # 01505884
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 22, 2009
Hi Lisa,

You can look in the public records to see if the lender has filed an NOD. You can call your local title company and ask them to do a search. Any realtor in your area can look it up through the local title company. One clue would be if you are getting mail that is pre-foreclosure type mail. Your lender would let you know also, maybe some of the lenders are so confused that they are not able to keep track of the NOD, short sale department or loan modification department. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 22, 2009
We are trying to do a loan mod but so far unsuccessfully because at this time our only income is unemployment, leaving us with a high income deficit ratio. Is it ever going to get better here in CA? My husband lost his job 2 days after we moved in the house and has worked 14 weeks in 11 months. We are barely hanging on....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 22, 2009
Call your lender.
Have you tried to do a loan mod?

Jes Sierra, B.Sc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 22, 2009
Hi lisa you sent me an email with the property information i can have that answer asap but if you need help you can visit my blog on cecilia rodriguez's blog in trulia or you can also visit my website at there you will find important information about foreclosure's if you need any help at all please dont hesitate to call i am here to help you.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Realtor-short sale and loss mitigation specialist
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 22, 2009
Hello Lisa,
As a Realtor, I have several sources to find out about the status of an NOD. I would need to have the address or the APN# of the property in question.Send me the information in an email and I will be happy to do the research for you.

Pepper Smith
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 22, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer