Foreclosure in Chicago>Question Details

Cenzo, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Where can I find forclosures?

Asked by Cenzo, Chicago, IL Thu Sep 1, 2011

Answers

8
Probably right out your window.
Cenzo -

There are many places to get these properties. You can check out homepath.com, hudhomestore.com and auctions, but PLEASE find yourself a trustworthy agent who knows about foreclosures. REOS are shark invested waters these days. With banks and government entities involved in these transactions now, anything goes and unfortunately, sometimes rules and laws don't always matter. The buyer is never is the position of power. But great deals are out there so it is a good time to wade in. But don't try to navigate the waters alone - get a Realtor to guide you through and you will be much happier for it.

Check out my blogs on foreclosure properties to give you a few tips, but do your self a favor and find a trustworthy agent. If you are looking in the suburbs - give me a call.

Suzanne Hamilton
RE Marketing Consultants
888-788-9544
http://WWW.Ziprealty.com is were I go to find foreclosures. Let me know when you find one and we will fund the deal for you.
Finding foreclosures is one part of the process but closing on one is a totally different process

There are buyer agents and then there are listing agents who specialize selling direclosuresxand work with the banks.

I happen to do both and can assist you in the process. I am a short sale and foreclosure resource specialist (SFR)
Certified . Fannie Mae listing agent., and Equater certified. If this is confusing you then call me and I will explain it to you . You cansldo visit my website as it is also full of information snout foreclosures.
Have your agent send them to you. If your not working with an agent, go out and get one. This way you have someone to walk you through the buying process, at no cost to you. interview two or three agents and go with the one you mesh best with.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Managing Broker/Partner. e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Web Reference: http://AmericorpRe.com
You can choose to work with an agent of your own, he/she will best guide you, and provide suitable listings, etc;...be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
The best resource for you to find any foreclosure homes in Chicago and entire Illinois would be my website:
http://www.IllinoisREOresources.com You can search foreclosures by County, and other selected criteria like price range, amount of bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.

Email me or call me if you have any questions.
Just about everywhere. Many web sites let you search the MLS which contain most foreclosures. Some of those sites let you narrow your focus of criteria to just foreclosures........ My web site lets you do this. Realtor.com also does it.
Another way to do it is to work with an agent because when you find one you like on your own it is a bit more diffiuclt to deal directly with the listing agent who represents the seller, not you.