Foreclosure in Atlanta>Question Details

William, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

Where are the good areas in Atlanta to invest?

Asked by William, Orlando, FL Wed Oct 10, 2012

I need good neighbor, middle class living, school, easy to rent, good vaule for investment.Pleas give me few for consideration.

Answers

18
Katya Cooper’s answer
Hi William!
I buy properties in Buckhead, Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Vinings, etc. You can find really nice condo in your price range (or even buy 2 of them). I like the fact the values go up in these areas. when you are ready to sell it you can make more money!
I agree with a lot of agents who recommended to go outside Atlanta but in some of those areas values wont go too much up.
I sstay in the areas whith good rated schools
Katya Cooper
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2012
As an intown person, I recommend Decatur and Avondale Estates. These two areas have the urban lifestyle with the convenience to downtown. Walking to shops, schools, restaurants, parks, pools, etc., is the trend of the future, and people are more and more wanting that type of life. Contact me when you get into town, and I'll show you what I'm talking about.
http://www.decaturga.com
http://www.avondaleestates.org
Stephany Cross
Keller Williams Metro Atlanta-Decatur office
404-422-0747
stephany@jimcross.com
I need information around South west end of Fulton county 30310, in terms of crime, school, parks, bus and train and other social amenities . I will like to know what are rent prices and house value in this area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Wait another year to buy, prices are declining. Good Luck
Hi William, the number one area that comes to mind is the highly sought-after Gwinnett county (Snellville,Lawrenceville, Grayson, etc) where we are currently seeing a demand for rentals. Many investors have been able to take advantage of these housing markets which also hosts many choice properties within your budget.
You tend to get more home and in better condition compared to homes within the actual city of Atlanta in your price point.

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in GA and NJ
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
770.901.0956
Web Reference: http://www.LaquitaBaez.com
Bruce suggests solid criteria for what you want - as far as Dville, Marietta and Powder Springs go, in your price range they are pretty much the same until you designate school district criteria and narrow the field.

These 3 areas of Georgia feature some of the best exurban sprawl in the Southeast...
Around 75000 to 110000 will be ideal
What is your ideal house price, William?
How do you compare and comment on the below areas : powder spring, doughlasville, and Marietta?
Any ideas about Palm Tree drive, Lithonia?
William,

I represent investors and am an investor myself. I look at the market with 33 years of experience. Currently we are buying in areas between 5-15 miles outside Interstate 285 and homes under 30 years old, with a preference for homes under 20 years old. Today these homes can be purchased from 35-75% off their 2003-2007 peak prices. Most are selling at or below their 1980's initial sales prices, and substantially below their current replacement costs. We typically invest 20K in rehab, this includes a new roof, HVAC, garage doors, interior and exterior paint, new HWH, new appliances, new fixtures, faucets, and reconditioning of the cabinets. Homes are like new and thus rent quickly at premium prices.

The market has tightened but property is still available. Prices are higher in Cobb and Fulton than Clayton, South Dekalb and Gwinnett.

Let me know if I can assist you further. I will be in Orlando November 6-11 for the National Association of Realtor's convention and could meet with you over that time period.

Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
An Atlanta Real Estate Expert Serving Clients Since 1979
RE/MAX Hall of Fame – REALTOR Phoenix Award
CRS, CRB, ABR, MSRE, CDPE, CIAS, e-PRO, ESQ
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Investor Agent Specialist
Certified Internet Professional
203K Certified Specialist
Attorney
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
404-978-2281 Direct
404-386-3682 Assistant Robin
678-760-6266 Buyer’s Agent Adam
770-973-9700 Office
bruce@locationlocationlocation.com
http://www.LocationLocationLocation.com
You pretty much nail about 80% of Atlanta with that criteria, William. There is good value all over Georgia.

What is your price? What are your financing terms? When do you want to buy, and how many do you want to buy?

Many who have the same criteria that you have make a big trade off, when looking for houses in Georgia under $200,000 - they trade off for weak retail amenities and even weaker recently built cul de sac-ishness near the cookie cutter sprawl.

These areas feature boring lifestyle choices nearby and quite often a mediocre school district.

They still make money.

I like Emily's recommendation. Thumbs up.
Thank you Emily. Are these locations close to city centre as well?
Take a look at 30265, Newnan,GA, Northgate High School district. I am an Atlanta Native and have lived all around Atlanta and the burbs plus 22 years in real estate and this 30265 (and 30277) are Atlanta's best kept secret, it has the least traffic/rush hour jams, best schools, low crime rates and easy access to Atlanta, the ATL Airport and Peachtree City. PTC is great too, but more expensive than 30265 and 30277/Sharpsburg. Let me know if you'd like more info.
Emily
My criteria is middle class or above area, convenient to shopping center, good transportation network, good shcool network and finally easy o rent out. Thanks
When are you coming to Atlanta for a tour?

From Oakland City to Brookwood Hills, I can think of investment opportunities that might match your criteria...
Web Reference: Http://intowninsider.com
Hello William, thank you for your inquiry about good investment areas in Atlanta. You have lots of choices according to how much you want to spend, floor plan, will you be working, if so, commuting (ATL traffic is rather challenging!), are schools important, etc., etc.

I currently work w/investors in addition to other buyers, actually have a closing the end of the week.
I would welcome the opportunity to help you. With just a few questions, we can get started in your
search.

My contact information is below. Please feel free to email/text or phone me.

I look forward to your reply and to assisting you.

Again, Thank You!

Sincerely

Elizabeth 'Beppy' Walton, Realtor
ASP, CFIS, DPP
Keller Williams
C/404 234 9418
beppyswalton@gmail.com
http://www.beppyshomes.com