Foreclosure in Melrose>Question Details

brettscharg, Home Buyer in

When does the auction start? How do I find out more details on the auction. How do I know if there's anything wrong with the property?

Asked by brettscharg, Wed Dec 25, 2013

Hi Brett:

Auctions happen daily. You must first identify the property that you want to bid on. In many cases, depending upon if it is a foreclosure auction or a private party auction, you may be able to inspection the property before you bid on it. In some cases, you will not and will bid on the property sight unseen which you may get into a "Money Pit" situation purchasing a home with deferred maintenance and major issues.

What is your ultimate goal?

You might want to consider working with a Realtor who can take you through the process. Keep in mind that inventory is very low and many people are bidding on properties as well.

Feel free to contact me if I may assist.

Kat Becker, Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013
What kind of auction is it? Foreclosure auction and seller auctions are quite different. Tell us what property you are talking about, that would help.
Hello Brett,
Assuming you own the home, just call your lender. They are obligated to tell you the auction/ foreclosure date. In specific you should ask them the Auction date, the T.S. Number ( trustees sale number) and the phone number of the trustee.
Then you call that phone number and enter the T.S. Number to know accurate info.
If you do not own this home, get a real estate agent to help you. They can call there title company and obtains this info.

Hope this answers your questions. Wish you luck buddy.
Pebble singha
Keller Williams realty
Web Reference:

There was no link attached to your question but I would recommend that you contact an agent to help you.

Depending on the type of auction you are referring to, the agent's fee may be paid by the auction house.

The type of auction will also determine whether or not you will have the opportunity to do inspections; your agent will be able to advise you.

No one knows what property you're referring to, as you didn't provide an address or a link in your question.

Please shoot me an email directly or give me a call. I know a lot about the auction process & it's highly likely that, if you're looking at a property with a set auction date, that auction could be put on hold. Many are. At auction you would need to pay all cash, unless it's one of the BS auctions, that advertises.

I'm happy to talk to you some more about this, however, I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers or replies after mine.

Emily S. Knell
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since--- 1996
Realty ONE Group
BRE# 01211967