Foreclosure in Punta Gorda>Question Details

Alan Xanders, Home Buyer in 62837

When a foreclosure home is sold in Florida at a sheriffs sale will it have a clear title and be free of all liens before it can be auctioned off ?

Asked by Alan Xanders, 62837 Sat Jan 16, 2010

Answers

3
Buyers beware of auction properties, you may not be getting a free and clear title with out liens on it.
Hi Alan,

No guarantee of that at all. Probably safe to assume that there will be liens. It would be very surprising if there were no tax liens in such a sale.

This type of buying is for professionals. Assumble a good team to support you.

Mark LeMenager
Find your next house with the click of a mouse.
Search the MLS without obligation or registration from my website.
This question should be answered by an attorney that specializes in foreclosure law to have any weight. However I believe the answer to your question is "NOT ALWAYS' so therefore you should be very cautious and do your homework before bidding on a property at a Sheriffs sale.

Here is a link to a very good article that deals with your question. Pay particular attention to the disadvantages section. http://www.therealestatelibrary.com/sherriff.html

If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know. Remember there are some VERY good bank-owned properties on the market that you can get a wonderful deal on and not have to worry about prior liens,clouds on title, etc. Have a great day

Jason Stevens, REALTOR®, GRI, ABR
Graduate Realtor Institute
Accredited Buyers Representative
Real Estate Broker Associate
REOTrans Platinum Certified
Kevin Flynn Realty, Inc.
Cell - 941-662-0379
Email: jasonstevens@embarqmail.com
Home Office - 941-698-0973
Home Fax - 941-698-0973
Website: http://www.jasonestevens.com