Foreclosure in 85711>Question Details

Anonymous, Other/Just Looking in 85711

What to do with a swimming pool and landscaping before leaving our foreclosed home?

Asked by Anonymous, 85711 Thu Apr 7, 2011

Should we drain the pool? When will someone water the plants and trees?

Answers

9
It is nice that you still care, seriously. I would call the bank and ask what they would prefer. I have bought a lot of REOs and they are getting better depending on the listing agent and etc about managing them with pools better. We know here in AZ, if left alone they can and will go South in less than 2 weeks in the summer.

I wish you the best of luck.
Spirit
Cheryl,

What a refreshing and kind gesture....

Cheryl, once the bank forecloses, the responsibility for care becomes theirs. Your concern should be maintaining the property adaquately during your period of ownership.

Some banks move quickly to maintain the homes integrity while others take their sweet time. Most will at some point, hopefully contract services for both pool and yard maintenance.

You seem like a responsible home owner, caught up in a mess that was not your creation. Like so many others, you are left to pick up the pieces. Our recommendation...focus upon picking up your pieces and let the banks focus on theirs.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 13, 2011
First of all let me thank you for caring about the property! Most people leaving a foreclosure think it is fair game to go to town on the home, ripping out all appliances, fixtures and even copper wiring and AC units. Thank you for not degrading our market as such. : )

On to your question, Just leave the pool full of water so the foundation doesn't crack. Water the plants on your last day; it won't be too long before the bank re-assigns the property to its applicable departments and the responsibilities are delegated down to an agent that will take them on.

Best of Luck to You Cheryl!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 12, 2011
Very thougthful indeed.
but, don't drain the pool, that potentially allows it to get damaged. Just make sure the pool is secured so no children will get into it before you move out. once you move out it is the same as if somenoe else has bought it from you, don't go back. The bank will assume maintenance- they might not keep it as nice as you would have but it's their decision once it is their house. Probably best not to even drive by and look -it's depressing to see them mow over flower beds, damage pool ladders or covers etc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 7, 2011
Cheryl,

It is nice to meet one of the many homeowners out there who have lost a home but want the very best for the property, and therefore, for the bank that loaned them the funds in the first place. Kudos to you! I realize I saw your question way to late to help, but I am hoping to meet more responsible owners like yourself.

Most banks employ a company to go out and take any personal property away that is left behind, and to check on the home periodically. They will take care of draining the pool for safety reasons, although it isn't good for the plaster to leave it empty. Due to our climate, the plants will unfortunately not make it unless there is a drip system in place that is on an automatic timer.

If you are in a position to buy again in the future, I would be honored to assist.

Kat Tyree, Associate Broker
Tierra Antigua
520-730-5540
TucsonKat@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013
Cheryl --- Your question reminds me that every one of us is only a tragedy away from your position. All the best...
Cheryl,

I'm so sorry....and as the others have said, Alan is right (I hate it when I have to say that :)). Seriously...just let it go and focus on the future! You are so sweet to care...but the bank will handle it from here on out.

Good luck with your future!! I know it's going to get better, you have the right attitude.

Karen
Alan has the best answer.

It's very thoughtful of you to be concerned and I am sorry to hear about the loss of your home, but the house now belongs to the bank and it's their job to maintain the property and minimize its hazards and liabilities.

Best wishes

Tom
If you've been foreclosed upon, you no longer own the house, and are no longer responsible for the pool, the lawn or anything else at the home.

If you've put your heart and soul into the house, I know that it can have an emotional pull on your, and feel terrible to walk away from it, but that's just what you need to do.

My condolences, and I wish you luck.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in 60201