Foreclosure in Southern Oaks>Question Details

Jan Ingels, Other/Just Looking in Southern Oaks, Baker...

What's the value in purchasing tax liens on property? How does one make a profit doing this?

Asked by Jan Ingels, Southern Oaks, Bakersfield, CA Tue Apr 29, 2008

Answers

3
There are companies that do not need a large dollar figure to purchase bulk tax liens on your behalf. Try Nationwide Tax Liens the website is http://www.nationwidetaxliens.com. I believe the minimal investment is 5-10k. They will do all the research and if the property comes back to you through foreclosure they will handle not only the foreclosure but any renovations to get it market ready AND they will sell the asset off for you as well. Really good company to start with, informative and customer service oriented. Hope that helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 19, 2008
One of the best resources I've found for 'Factual" tax lien information. Visit : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_lien
Copy and Paste. Good Luck. Cindy Vedder
Hi Jan,

The short story is that if you purchase the tax lein on a property and the current owner does not come current on his taxes then you could end up owning the home. However the other stradigy is that you are able to earn interest on your money after buying the tax leins. I have looked into this and come to find out that their are many companies out there designed to purchase tax leins in bulk for pennies on behalf of their investors. In order to become an investor with some of these companies you may have to fork over as much as 30 - 50 K to get started. I am sure their are deals out there to be had with tax leins but the trick is doing plenty of reserach to find them. Good luck.