Foreclosure in Amityville>Question Details

Dodger, Home Buyer in Amityville, NY

What's the best most accurate source to find residences, condos, and co-ops in foreclosure or pre-forclosure. I would like to buy something.

Asked by Dodger, Amityville, NY Mon Jan 4, 2010

Answers

3
Are you primarily interested in distressed properties or a low priced properties? Because not every foreclosure/short sale is low priced just as not every low priced home is distressed or a short sale/foreclosure. Due to the overwhelming numbers of default mortgages, banks are utilizing real estate professionals to expose these properties to the greatest number of buyers as possible. More and more banks are pricing these properties for a brisk sale.

My best advice to you to know about these properties the minute they hit the market is to receive a Stratus update daily. Contact me if you would like to receive that list.

Mary Alice Ruppert
maryalice@teamruppert.com
http://www.TeamRuppert.com
I'm currently working with several investors looking to purchase the same types of properties you are. Since I'm here on Long Island too, I could add you to an automatically generated e-mail list. Not everyone is loking to buy in the same areas.

Bob Sendel
Web Reference: http://www.bobsendel.com
We can find ours through our county web site. It lists them with just over 30 days before they foreclose. It's viewable by the public so you can see who is in distress. Be wary of purchasing anything without having a title search as there can be numerous liens on one property. Also a title search will give you all parties to a property which is a surprise to us sometimes! You can also choose to wait until they've foreclosed and listed through a REALTOR®, which is the safest and cleanest method. We can use our Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to email directly to our clients specifically foreclosed or "motivated" sellers which can be advantageous to a buyer, especially if they have cash and can act quickly. I hope this helps you get involved in one of the best investments available, real estate.