Foreclosure in Grand Rapids>Question Details

Reese12, Other/Just Looking in Grand Rapids, MI

What office in GR must a trustee go to in order to file a notice of default?

Asked by Reese12, Grand Rapids, MI Mon Dec 20, 2010

I am new to the area and am trying to find out the actual office buidling where these notices are filed.

Help the community by answering this question:


It sounds like you'll probably need to go to the appropriate district court, file the relevant paperwork, schedule a hearing, and obtain a money or possession judgement. It is not a required or standard step in the process of foreclosure or eviction, but the register of deeds would file a document for you and attach it to a house. Not sure what your goal is, being the trustee of an estate you probably have a larger task at hand of which we are not aware.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 21, 2010
Notices of default and foreclosure are normally published in the Grand Rapids Legal news. The notices are posted in the courthouse once the date of the sheriffs sale is reached. The foreclosure sale happens at the court house in downtown Grand Rapids for all of Kent County.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 20, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer