Foreclosure in Staten Island>Question Details

Bill D., Home Buyer in 10301

What is the best way to take advantage of a property that is being foreclosed upon?

Asked by Bill D., 10301 Thu Sep 8, 2011

There is a condo I have spotted that has a US marshalls sticker over the door. I already live in the same building but I rent. Does this automatically goto auction? How do I find more information?
On the US Marshall's sticker, was listed the name of the person being foreclosed on.
Under mortgage owner it simply said Fannie May. No other details.

Answers

3
Regarding mar1an1's answer, it is INCORRECT! You CAN NOT get a list of
Web Reference: http://hericsontorres.com
Foreclosed property is a public information. I think you can go to the town and they can provide you with a list of foreclosed property in the town. You don't need a real estate agent to purchased a foreclosed property. You can research on all the info that you need online... it's more thorough, and you don't have to deal with headaches.
The best way is to find a Realtor who is familiar with the area where you're interested in buying. You may also want to speak with a mortgage lender, unless you are paying cash. If you are planning to get an FHA loan, your Realtor will have to make sure the condo is approved for FHA buyers.