Foreclosure in 22180>Question Details

Young, Home Buyer in 22180

What does it mean when it says "Income/Investment" vs. "Single Family Home"?

Asked by Young, 22180 Thu Sep 17, 2009

Does "Income/Investment" mean that if I buy the house, I need to invest more money in fixing up the home? Does "Single-Family Home" mean that I can move right in if and when I bought that home?..or am I reading too much into this?

Answers

3
Yes, you are reading in too much. Single family means the house is not attached to another house as a townhouse might be.

When a house is advertised income or investment it means that the owner might want to purchase it to live in themselves or rent out. Normally you will see income or investment for a property in an area where there are already many rentals or where the house is a rental at this time. In either case when you buy it it's yours and you can move in or rent it.
Hi Young,

An income/investment property is one that you would buy to rent out to someone else. It can be a single family home, a townhouse or a condominium. A single family home is a stand-alone structure that one family lives in as opposed to a townhouse that is attached to other homes.

A property that requires more money for repairs is referred to as a "fixer-upper" or "handyman special."

If you send me the ad that you saw I can help you discern what the situation is for that particular property. My email address is debra@TalleyHurstHomes.com.

Debra Talley, ABR, e-PRO
Broker Associate
RE/MAX Preferred Properties
Vienna, VA 22180
703-408-3266
debra@TalleyHurstHomes.com
These are mutually exclusive terms.
Meanings depend on context and total verbage used.

Single Family always mean da detached home sold as "fee simple" (u own the land).

Income property is one u can produce income by renting, most of the times for multiple tenants or mixed use tenants.

Investment is any property which is attractive to an investor.

You should work with a good buyer agent who works with investors, if ur interest is investment.

I would be glad to do a 45 minute "Get to know you session" with u, if u r interested.

rgds,
Ramesh Chandra
703 635 8209
mepcigroup@gmail.com
Buyer Agent
Saab Realtors