Foreclosure in 92028>Question Details

Pam Moss, Real Estate Pro in Bonsall, CA

What do you do when an agent will not show a short sale/reo property saying tenant occupied; you have a qualified buyer then it shows sold by him?

Asked by Pam Moss, Bonsall, CA Thu Jun 30, 2011

I have experienced a number of times ready to show a cash buyer a property and have had an agent not allow access then a few days or week later the property shows up as pending by the same agent and then when it closes it is closing at a much lower price than listed because nobody could get in and the agent would not accept offers subject to inspection

Answers

9
Report them to the Board and the Department of Real Estate. Also the lenders should know about this I have turned in quite a few of these agents. 619-631-0188
It's easy for us to play Monday morning quarterback while sitting on the sidelines and judging. I feel that if Pam and/or her client was/is passionate about a certain property and have made a play for it and feel as though there's some level of deceit or betrayal on behalf of a listing agent/broker that they have every right to probe.

Many of you are absolutely correct. There's a lot of this going on today. There are several instances when it's just a good time to say NEXT and move on. A short sale falls out, you're the losing bidder at an auction, the home doesn't appraise, you couldn't qualify, etc.

But having said that I take principle very seriously. When it comes to a RE professional's ethics and responsibility to his profession that's where I draw the line. If we as professionals don't hold our contemporaries accountable who will?

I think Pam has every right to address this forum on this matter. Isn't that in part what this venue is really all about? Asking sincere questions and hoping for some educated and well thought out answers? Instead of feeling like you're being blown off? Pam if it were me in your same situation I'd take this to the wall.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 1, 2011
You can also report them to your locate board for an ethics violation.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 30, 2011
We all know that some properties are not allowed to be showed for one reason or another. Sometimes the tenant is uncooperative, but sometimes it may be for another reason that is much more frustrating. Like a listing agent hoping to "double end" a deal therefore simply making it difficult to be shown by others. If you have a savvy buyer, who is really interested in the property and you have explained that the property cannot be shown, ask if they'd consider making the offer site unseen but contingent upon a physical and personal inspection by them of the property within 5 days of acceptance of the offer. This way your buyer gets their offer submitted and is still protected by stipulating that they must first personally inspect the property. If after they have been allowed in to inspect the property, if it does not meet his/her requirements they can cancel their offer and move on.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 30, 2011
Some things we have no control of in this business and this is one of them. The business is difficult enough without worrying about why some agents do this and that. If I were you I would just move on, let it go and then let it go somemore. We waste so much time wondering why and worrying when we could move forward and get the job done.
I'd still be exploring secret profit.
It happens more often then not, unfourtunately this market has brought out more agents who are unethical. Was it really because of un-cooperative tenant? You will never know, the question remains do you report them or not? What if it happens to be legit? It's a tough decision to make.
I met "secret profit rap".............................................
I'm not entirely sure you have anything more than a pocket listing issue really. Trying to pin a secret rap on him is a stretch. I'd just say next and try to go find a pocket listing of your own.