Foreclosure in 48170>Question Details

Tee, Other/Just Looking in 48170

What can I take/replace before my house goes into foreclosure?

Asked by Tee, 48170 Thu Oct 7, 2010

When I bought my house (modular-VERY basic) it did not come with ANY extras at all; NO bath shelves, hardware, curtain robes, shower heads, not even appliances,etc. I had to put them in and extra upgrades; hand made bookshelves, light/fans, laundry shelves and an extra kitchen on the other side of the house for my elder parents, etc. If I REPLACE the light/fans, shower heads with less expensive ones, and FILL IN and PAINT the holes were the bookshelves and extra kitchen were stabilized to the wall can I remove these items? Can I leave the house with out curtain robes being replaced?
Also there were items that I never got finished before the EX left, such as the master bathroom tub. I don’t have the money to fix these items. What do I do, just leave it with a note stating I simply ran out of money. (Which is the Gods honest truth)

Anyone renting a house: 4 bedroom/2.5 bath with yard with a garage for $1100 or LESS? Not in tornado alley. Lol

It's hard for any one of us to give advice on this one because of liabilities, and we are not attorneys. Things that aren't finished just leave as-is, there isn't an explaination needed. You don't want to damage the house in any way, but if you replace things with less expensive things are you saving/making yourself money in the long run? Those things take time and more money, so just be sure it's the way you want to go. I understand your hand made bookshelf and wanting to take it. If it is screwed into the wall it can be viewed as a fixture and it could come back to haunt you. Have people done the sorts of things you are asking about? Without a doubt, even things much worse. Have they gotten in trouble? Some have, and some have not. If it can be proved that you intentionally devalued the property it opens a whole other can of worms. I would honestly see if you can get an attorney to guide you on what to do, as it is the safest route.

Good luck to you

You can only take personal property....

Those things that are attached to the house - and are normal and customary to be included - must stay.

Any lights - fans should be left - or replaced with a lower quality light.

Do you really have use for all the "Stuff"?

Better to leave it all and move on and start over - no?

Sorry for your loss and situation.....

If you like the answer - please consider making it a "Best Answer" !

Gerard Dunn
Associate Broker
Licensed in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Assisting Homebuyer's and Seller's for 28 years