Foreclosure in 48170>Question Details

Tee, Other/Just Looking in 48170

What can I take/replace before my house goes into foreclosure?

Asked by Tee, 48170 Thu Oct 7, 2010

When I bought my house (modular-VERY basic) it did not come with ANY extras at all; NO bath shelves, hardware, curtain robes, shower heads, not even appliances,etc. I had to put them in and extra upgrades; hand made bookshelves, light/fans, laundry shelves and an extra kitchen on the other side of the house for my elder parents, etc. If I REPLACE the light/fans, shower heads with less expensive ones, and FILL IN and PAINT the holes were the bookshelves and extra kitchen were stabilized to the wall can I remove these items? Can I leave the house with out curtain robes being replaced?
Also there were items that I never got finished before the EX left, such as the master bathroom tub. I don’t have the money to fix these items. What do I do, just leave it with a note stating I simply ran out of money. (Which is the Gods honest truth)

Anyone renting a house: 4 bedroom/2.5 bath with yard with a garage for $1100 or LESS? Not in tornado alley. Lol

Help the community by answering this question:



It's hard for any one of us to give advice on this one because of liabilities, and we are not attorneys. Things that aren't finished just leave as-is, there isn't an explaination needed. You don't want to damage the house in any way, but if you replace things with less expensive things are you saving/making yourself money in the long run? Those things take time and more money, so just be sure it's the way you want to go. I understand your hand made bookshelf and wanting to take it. If it is screwed into the wall it can be viewed as a fixture and it could come back to haunt you. Have people done the sorts of things you are asking about? Without a doubt, even things much worse. Have they gotten in trouble? Some have, and some have not. If it can be proved that you intentionally devalued the property it opens a whole other can of worms. I would honestly see if you can get an attorney to guide you on what to do, as it is the safest route.

Good luck to you
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 7, 2010

You can only take personal property....

Those things that are attached to the house - and are normal and customary to be included - must stay.

Any lights - fans should be left - or replaced with a lower quality light.

Do you really have use for all the "Stuff"?

Better to leave it all and move on and start over - no?

Sorry for your loss and situation.....

Good Luck!

If you like the answer - please consider making it a "Best Answer" !

Gerard Dunn
Associate Broker
Licensed in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Assisting Homebuyer's and Seller's for 28 years
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 7, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer