Foreclosure in Allen Park>Question Details

Mek424, Home Owner in Allen Park, MI

What can I do with an unreaffirmed property?

Asked by Mek424, Allen Park, MI Wed May 2, 2012

I just found out that I never reaffirmed my mortgage after filing chap. 7 bankruptcy 4 years ago. My house is about 80k under water with a high int rate. I have no way to refi as my lender is not reporting my mortgage on my credit report. What should I do? Foreclosure, short sale?

Help the community by answering this question:


Minna Reid’s answer
A short sale will have less consequences than the foreclosure. If the debt was discharged they cant pursue you for the balance, however a foreclosure will still take longer to happen and to recover from than a short sale.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 7, 2012
Good morning,

Please give a call and I will try to help. I have another client who is going through the same thing and we are working on getting the issue solved. Who is your mortgage with?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Mary Hipol
Century 21 Premier
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 3, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer