Foreclosure in Richardson>Question Details

John Kroncke, Home Buyer in Temecula, CA

What area the best neighborhoods for investment in Richardson, TX?

Asked by John Kroncke, Temecula, CA Tue Oct 9, 2007

I am interested in investing in either Richardson, TX or Burleson, TX and would like to know what areas look to be the best for investment appreciation of single family homes.

Answers

5
steve hendry’s answer
Living in the city of Richardson, I AM a bit partial. This city has some amazing benefits. One of these as Bruce mentioned, is the fact that Richardson is for the most part built up and locked in, yet located within easy access to all parts of the Metroplex. The City has a very diverse workforce as well as one of the highest rated school districts in the State of Texas. There is a mass transit system and a strong police force.
For homebuyers looking to Richardson, the city is now offering a nice incentive to rehab homes. When an owner applies for, is accepted and agrees to spend over $20,000. in property improvements, the city will reimburse them ten times the increase in taxation from the previous assessment as a result of the improvement.
Web Reference: http://www.cor.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 8, 2008
Look for East Plano School Dt. Wylie School Dt has more land available further construction. The new homes that are getting build in this area are close to .5 million while old/~1997 homes on the east side of Breckenridge park are under 300k. One other plus for this area is that George Bush Hwy is getting extended to Mesquite. Which could bring in a flood of new buyers wanting to be in East Plano School dt that is superior to any Schools in Mesquite/Rowlett area.
My home @ 5403 Enfield Dr. is up for Sale. Let me know if you are interested in seeing it.
Hi John,

What are your goals? How much in ROI are you looking for? For how long of a time period? A flip or rental? What price point?

Richardson has some great deals, but there are also other area's which have good deals too!
I would be happy to talk with you about them. We help many investor's enter into positive equity, cash flow properties.

Nicole Arenas
nicolearenas@ymail.com
Hi John.
I have to agree with Bruce's questions... It all depends on your exit strategies. Are you open to other areas? (There are better areas). Are you looking to flip or for cashflow? I'll be happy to help in any way julio@investtex.com
Thanks for you interest. Those cities are pretty far apart, so I wonder why specifically those two? Also to me they are completely different cities almost 1 hour apart by driving distance. Will you live in the house or rent it out? With all else being equal I'd think your chance for appreciation is slightly better in Richardson than Burleson. This due to Richardson being built out for the most part and some rapidly increasing values on the borders of Richardson. Burleson is on the outskirts of town and therefore still a lot of new construction in the area and probably a decent amount of foreclosures. This will likely keep prices and appreciation low in this area for some time to come. If you can let me know a little more information we can try to point you in the right direction.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX