Foreclosure in 33778>Question Details

Carol Turner, Renter in Seminole, FL

We are in the process of moving out of the home we rented for four years. It has been in forclosure for 16 months.

Asked by Carol Turner, Seminole, FL Sun Sep 8, 2013

14 months ago damage was sustained by a tropical storm. Screens were stripped from the pool cover. The worst damage was in the front of the house and quite a bit of damage. it was not fixed and has compromised the property. Roof is lifting from the house and it was leaking in the den and in the lanai ruining 3 appliances.WE have paid 1500 to landlord each month on time. This a large 2200 foot home with a 10,000 square foot yard. There has been absolutely no owner involvement in repairs in 16 months. The damage has resulted in black mold which is toxic. We did not realize how bad until we started to move. It has made my young grandsons sick. I have an autoimmune disease and I am unable to tolerate it and have been wondering why I have been so sick the last four months. We are almost out of there but how much do we really need to do. I vacumed and swept but honestly I don't feel that I owe anymore than that. How far should I go with the cleaning. It is making us all very sick .

Answers

3
I would get the security deposit back before doing any heavy cleaning.
Hi Carol, what are you still paying rent to the landlord/owner? sorry to hear all of this and that you are sick. you are in good company, unfortunately... please contact a real estate attorney and a agent or broker that understand foreclosure process, tenancy, damage, mold, cash for keys for best advice. ...sounds like these owners are just keeping lease funds and have no money to pay their monthly mortgage payments any longer or repair the damage...typical.. do they have any insurance that could pay for this damage and remediate this deadly mold for their rental property is covered for acts of God? ...a bank REO agent will contact you if you are still in possession at time of the auction date and offer you additional time to relocate and or relocation funds called cash for keys or you may be offered by bank rep to have contractor inspect repairs and or a possible lease but in order to get cash for keys the bank or service provider or investor or the banks listing agent will give you an agreement which states property is to be broom swept and all refuge removed and that is all that is required of you. please take action asap. please me posted via private messge at 760 622 6855 or maureen@landangel.com Maureen
Web Reference: http://www.coastal.biz
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
I don't know if you had a deposit, but since the property is in foreclosure you might not get it back. Also the owner should have made repairs? But again being in foreclosure sounds like the owner did nothing. Best thing you could do is move!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013