Foreclosure in Shafer>Question Details

shawn.scott1…, Home Buyer in Shafer, MN

We are in foreclosure in NC the stove and fridge came with house can we take them with us?

Asked by shawn.scott123, Shafer, MN Tue Feb 5, 2013

Answers

3
Hi, Shawn!
The stove and the fridge are considered "personal property", which means they are not something permanently affixed to the dwelling/building. So, it's legal for you to take them. Some people do. I would say it's more appropriate if you actually purchased these items separately rather than they were part of the home when you purchased, but follow your own heart. If it's what's best for you and your family, then that's what you should do.

Good luck to you!!
Can you? the bank will probably say no hahah! But it is not like the police can come after you for taking a stove and fridge.
Those items are considered personal property, so you can take them. Many people do. However, I'm sure your lender would appreciate it if you didn't, as it is usually easier to sell a home with appliances and in some cases they are required.